Aotearoa Surf events calendar
- This event has passed.
2 Hour Surfing Lesson
October 15, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm$75
**BOOK THIS EVENT BY PURCHASING TICKETS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE**
The best lesson for anyone of all ages that has never had a surf lesson before or is pretty new to surfing!
At the end of this lesson you will be standing up and riding waves!
Book just yourself, you and partner or friend or a group.
Wetsuits and surfboards provided or bring your own.
2 Hour, Surfing NZ Approved surfing lesson for up to 8 people
All equipment included
SNZ / ISA qualified coaches, first aid trained and Surf Lifesaving Awarded
- Beach awareness, understanding the wind and waves, staying safe at the beach.
- Surfboard design and use, sea entry and correct surfboard handling.
- Catching waves with correct body and hand position, stopping your surfboard.
- Catching waves with paddling, learning the pop up to stand technique.
- Standing surfing position and riding a wave for as long as possible.
- Progressing to trimming your surfboard, front side and back side turns (where possible)
What to bring:
- Water bottle.
- Warm change of clothes.
- Footwear (minimum jandles/sandles)
GET $100 CREDIT OFF THIS PROGRAM
PURCHASE EQUIPMENT FROM AOTEAROA SURF AND WE WILL CREDIT YOU UP TO $100! SELECT YOUR INTEREST WHEN BOOKING AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
WE WILL DISCUSS THE BEST SUITED EQUIPMENT AT THE BEST PRICE THEN CREDIT YOU UP TO $100 AT TIME OF PURCHASE!
WE CAN HOLD YOUR PURCHASE UNTIL YOU REQUIRE – FOR EXAMPLE BIRTHDAY OR CHRISTMAS
Please book this lesson by purchasing tickets for this event at the bottom of this page.
Please arrive 15 min before your scheduled time at the Aotearoa Surf Shop, 11 Te Arai Point Rd, Te Arai. This is for the check in and waiver process. We will then proceed to the beach.
We will only contact you the day before if there are any updates to ocean conditions otherwise we are all go!
If you would like to enquire about this lesson please do not hesitate to contact us
Wetsuit and surfboard, sunscreen an in the water coaching for 2 hours all included, or bring your own.
If you are interested in purchasing a surfboard and/or and wetsuit, we can offer you unbiased advice ensuring you get the right equipment first time. We can also supply this for you as we are a Surfing & Paddleboarding retailer and have new equipment in stock via our shop, alternatively for more info contact us