Surfing for schools, international students & groups
Aotearoa Surf have been providing surfing and paddleboarding for primary, intermediate, secondary schools, international schools, youth and community groups since 2002.
We’re based at Te Arai and operate at east coast beaches north of Auckland, including Orewa, Omaha, Pakiri, Mangawhai, Ruakaka and more. This flexibility lets us meet your needs as well as capture the best conditions on the day.
Tailored programmes for schools
- From NCEA credits and Education Outside the Classroom (EOTC) to school and youth camps
- Aotearoa Surf school programmes give everyone core surfing skills, beach safety and awareness and big smiles on every face!
- We tailor programmes for primary, intermediate and high schools to meet the school’s objectives and the students’ needs.
- Full Scheduel, RAMS, qualifications all packaged for your approval
Days at the beach can cater for over 120 students per day and include:
- Surfing / paddleboarding lessons with multiple instructors
- Beach safety and surf lifesaving
- Multiple rotations of surf lifesaving, beach games and other coastal activities
- Everybody standing riding waves and having fun… our guarantee!
School camps are our specialty, definetly the highlight of any camp!
- Everything is provided; surfboards, wetsuits, sunscreen and the best qualified and experienced surf instructors in the country.
- We operate a strict ratio of coaches to students to ensure safety and plenty of instruction time for everyone and we guarantee everyone will go home smiling!
Aotearea Surf are accredited to teach and mark NCEA Surfing & Paddleboarding in an applied setting. We completed this for an array of schools every year with amazing results.
The NCEA programme is a minimum 2 day programme consisting of
- beach safety
- ocean awareness
- board and equipment design
- reading the ocean
- paddling techniques
- riding unbroken waves
- trimming and basic turning techniques
We aim to have 100% of students reach the standard of ‘Achieved’ with several students completing with Merit or Excellence.
International Schools, youth groups, corporate teams and more
- Aotearoa Surf provides a one of a kind coastal experience through our surfing and paddleboarding programmes. Experience NZ through a beach day like no other.
- Half day, full day or multiple days at the beach or harbour encompassing surfing and or paddleboarding lessons, coastal walks, beach games, swimming and a traditional BBQ lunch.
- Available at Te Arai Regional Park or Mangawhai or any Auckland or Northland beach with everything included!
Fully certified day ticking all the boxes.
- Surfing NZ and Water Safety accredited
- OSH, Worksafe, RAMS, EOTC compliant
- All instructors fully certified ISA Instructors, First Aid and Surf Lifesaving trained