Learn to surf, build ocean confidence and have fun with the girls!
Get out on the water consistently and learn to surf with our Surf Sistas girls only surfing club.
Learn to surf, refine techniques and build ocean confidence!
This 4 week program runs at selected times from spring to autumn.
It’s every Monday 11.00am – 12.30pm based at Mangawhai Heads or Te Arai Beach (to catch the best conditions on the day).
This Girls Only Surfing Club is not to be missed!
Up to 3 dedicated, qualified and experienced coaches
Additional coaches in the water with a proposed max 8:1 surfer to coach ratio, likely 6:1 ratio
The Surf Sistas Club is a designed as an ongoing weekly surfing program for all women of all ages and stages to learn to surf, progress week on week and build more confidence in the ocean. Above all else awesome club for women and huge FUN factor!
All surfboards and wetsuits are provided or bring your own!
Every Sunday we email you letting you know what beach we will be meeting at, either Te Arai Point or Mangawhai Heads.
- Beach awareness, understanding the wind and waves, oceans and tides & staying safe at the beach.
- Surfboard design and use, sea entry and correct surfboard handling.
- Catching waves with correct body and hand position, stopping your surfboard.
- Catching waves with paddling, learning the pop up to stand technique.
- Standing surfing position and riding a wave for as long as possible.
- Better paddling techniques for speed and efficiency
- Getting out past breaking waves
- Reading waves and understanding the different types of waves, what to catch, when to and why
- Catching the unbroken wave
- Timing & take offs
- Frontside / backside turns and riding down the face of the wave
What people say
“Did the Surf Sisters 4 week programme and can highly recommend it. Che and his team were great. I’d done a few lessons before but Che’s were next level, much better than the others. Was fab surfing with a great bunch of ladies and I always felt safe. He even had us riding green waves!”
“Highly recommend ‘Surf Sistas’, time to escape! Fun, physically exerting, achievements, new friends, life time skills.”