Surfboard, wetsuit, paddleboard and kayak hire
Aucklands largest selection of rentals on the east coast over 120 surfboards and 200 wetsuits, plus paddleboards, kayaks and bikes for hire.
Always available at the Aotearoa Surf shop and Hire Centre at 11 Te Arai Point Rd. 8.30am – 6pm every day.
Get the gear and hit some of the most consistent surf beaches on Auckland east coast. Te Arai, Forestry & Blackswamp. Or get a deal long term and road trip Auckland & Northlands best surf spots!
- Soft boards for beginners – all sizes up to 9 foot
- Hard boards – funboards, mini mals and longboards from 7 – 10 foot
- Short boards & fishes for intermediate to advanced surfers.
- Full length 2mm & 3mm quality wetsuits – Vissla Oneill & Quicksilver
- Free use of our soft racks and tie downs – suitable for any vehicle to carry 6 surfboards, 4 paddleboards or 2 kayaks – very easy and safe
What else is included
- Surfing tips based on your board and experience – we will get you surfing better just ask us
- Directions and hints on the best places to surf in the area depending on the conditions and tides – 6 surf breaks close by
- Flexible hours – we are available from 6am to 10pm every day
- Try before you buy – after your hire purchase a new surfboard from our surf shop and we will refund you your hire price up to $50. Always available from our Surf Shop & hire centre @ 11 Te Arai Point Road, Te Arai
Book online or for out of hours bookings call us on 09 431 5760
During Christmas Holidays from Boxing Day to the end of January and also public holidays in spring and summer we are setup and operating at Te Arai Beach 708 Te Arai Point Rd. Come down and enjoy the #1 Auckland east coast surf beach!
Short term hire rates
|2 hours||4 hours||10 hours|
|Surfboard & Wetsuit||$50||$60||$70|
Long term hire rates
|2 days||3 days||5 days||7 days||2 weeks||3 weeks||1 month||2 months||3 months|
|Surfboard & Wetsuit||$100||$130||$170||$220||$250||$330||$360||$390||$420|
What people say
“Staff at the shop (Che) is very uncomplicated and straight forward! We got there, hired boards and wetsuits and off we were for a week of surfing all over Northland’s east coast. A personal list of nice surf spots and a soft roof rack for our car came right with it. Outfitting done completely hassle free!”
“I hired a board and wetsuit a bit last minute, but Che was really accommodating and super helpful and knowledgeable, and got the 8’2 board in my VW Golf without any hassle! 🙂 The hire gear was great, easy to pick up and drop back off, and they’re located in the perfect spot in Te Arai – you can’t miss their home base on the way out to the beach. Fantastic service, would highly recommend Aotearoa Surf and I’ll be back here for sure!”
“This place is the absolute bomb! Great deals, super friendly staff and they are incredibly useful when you’re thinking of making the trip out to Te Arai. If you need gear, advice, or any equipment in general, this place is definitely worth stopping in for.”