Aotearoa Surf events calendar
- This event has passed.
2 Day Surfing Course (4 lessons)
September 30, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00am, happening 2 times
**BOOK THIS EVENT BY PURCHASING TICKETS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE**
Spring 2 Day Surf Course (4 Surf Lessons)
A 4 surf lesson course designed to get you the skills to surf on your own catching green waves and being ready to go for the surf season!
At the end of this 4 lesson course you will learn everything you need to know to be able to surf on your own green waves down the face of a wave.. get ready to call yourself a surfer
Book just yourself, you and partner or friend or a group.
Wetsuits and surfboards provided o bring your own.
4x 2hr Surf Lesson course
SNZ / ISA qualified coaches, first aid trained and Surf Lifesaving Awarded
Lesson 1 – 10am
- Beach awareness, understanding the wind and waves, staying safe at the beach.
- Surfboard design and use, sea entry and correct surfboard handling.
- Catching waves with correct body and hand position, stopping your surfboard.
- Catching waves with paddling, learning the pop up to stand technique.
- Standing surfing position and riding a wave for as long as possible.
Lesson 2 – 1pm
- Good trimming position of the surfboard for speed when paddling
- Best paddling technique for speed and to conserve energy
- Getting out through the white water utilising rips, sets and lulls
- Getting out – Push up, eskimo roll & duck dive techniques
- Controlling your board out the back choosing the best waves and turning your board
- Timing & take offs for waves, surfboard positioning and paddling speed
- Take off position, achieving the glide, popup timing
- Determining direction of drop in based on wave pitch
Lesson 3 – 10am
- Revisit of techniques learnt in Day 1
- Surfing etiquette, the rules out there when surfing with others
- Taking off at the peak of the wave
- Generating speed through compression and use of arms
- Pumping up and down the wave face
- Front side / back side turns
- Mastering the frontside turn using weight on front and back feet, your arms and eyes to turn the board
Lesson 4 – 1pm
- Customised lesson for all participants level of surfing
- Top, mid face & bottom turns
- Rail to rail transitions
- Mastering the backside turn
What to bring:
- Water bottle.
- Warm change of clothes.
- Footwear (minimum jandles/sandles)
- Wetsuit or surfboards you may have – we recommend starting on our equipment and preogressively learning and mastering new boards
Please book this lesson by purchasing tickets for this event at the bottom of this page
We will contact you the day before if there are any updates to ocean conditions otherwise we are all go!
If you would like to enquire about this lesson please do not hesitate to contact us
GET $100 CREDIT OFF THIS PROGRAM
PURCHASE EQUIPMENT FROM AOTEAROA SURF AND WE WILL CREDIT THIS PROGRAM UP TO $100! SELECT YOUR INTEREST WHEN BOOKING AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
WE WILL CONTACT YOU AND DISCUSS THE BEST SUITED EQUIPMENT AT THE BEST PRICE THEN CREDIT YOU UP TO $100 AT TIME OF PURCHASE!
WE CAN HOLD YOUR PURCHASE UNTIL YOU REQUIRE – FOR EXAMPLE BIRTHDAY OR CHRISTMAS
Wetsuit and surfboard, sunscreen an in the water coaching ia all included.
If you are interested in purchasing a surfboard and/or and wetsuit, we can offer you unbiased advice ensuring you get the right equipment first time. We can also supply this for you as we are a Surfing & Paddleboarding retailer and have new equipment in stock via our shop, alternatively for more info contact us
Accommodation can be provided for you from as low as $45 / night.
We have several partner accommodation providers from dorms, private rooms, chalets or higher end retreat facilities. For more info contact us